How to avoid scams on the Internet
From several years, the easiest and cheapest way to organize a trip is definitely the web that has taken the place of travel agencies, often more costly and less extensive choice of hotels and offers related to them. However, as for other sectors, for travel the danger of scams is around the corner for those who decide to organize a trip online without precautions. First, you need to rely on online sites that deal with travel in a specific way, without navigating to sites that do not provide the necessary guarantees.
- One of the first measures is to carefully consider the design of a site. A trusted site, it will be accurate in every detail with a space for contacts, information and frequently asked questions, all in correct English and fluent. Before you perform any kind of reservation, you must inquire about the feedback the site has received. A search on google will be very useful in this regard because it will highlight where necessary, small problems with the website.
- You should read carefully the terms and conditions of use of the service, before making a reservation, even if it's endless pages related to the consent of privacy is always just see everything good that you agree with the payment.
- Beware of spam! It is always a good idea to not give much credit to the sites that are advertised through spam but, for greater security, you can look for, in the contact section of the site, a phone number or an e-mail to write to for more information on this service.
- Not all websites allow cancellations with money back! This type of service is very important to allow the user to have greater transparency, even in the time of booking. All hotels skilled, in fact, allow the return of the deposit or the full amount paid, if the reservation is canceled in advance of the reservation date.
- Pay by credit card online is always risky, so are preferable alternative payment methods such as PayPal, which does not share your credit card at the time of payment. In addition, it is always preferable to rely on websites that use SSL encryption (SECURE SOCKET LAYER).
- Careful, finally, with the place where you make a reservation! You should never enter sensitive information into a computer that does not belong to us, such as an internet cafe, or through an unsecured connection. In the case of free wi-fi, for example, it is appropriate that the connection is encrypted and protected as not to leave traces of our online operations.
Plan your journey online is really easy and convenient, but an eye to malicious sites or small deceptions of the network is not always necessary to turn a dream vacation into a living nightmare.